The Academic Council of Voronezh State University took the decision to convert the Faculty of Biology and Soil Sciences into the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences. The basis for the decision is the opening of three licensed programmes in fundamental medicine at the Faculty in 2016. The programmes in “Medical Biophysics”, “Medical Biochemistry”, and “Medical Cybernetics” are unique for the Central Black Earth Region. It should be mentioned that the University already has state-funded places for all courses in the medical sphere for 2017.
The Faculty of Biomedical Sciences at VSU includes:
- 90 lecturers;
- 6 foreign partner universities, international programmes, and projects;
- modern equipment and devices.
In order to ensure the high quality of theoretical and practical training of future medical specialists, the Faculty is provided with a well-developed infrastructure, in particular, a laboratory for the modelling of biological processes, microbiological and virological laboratories, a laboratory of histology, anatomy and morphology, and a virtual (simulation) training centre. One training facility is a unique Anatomy Museum which has over 200 preparations in general anatomy and anatomical pathology, as well as operative surgery.
The future faculty graduates have multiple possibilities for employment: from state and private clinics and diagnostic centres, clinical, biochemical and immunologic laboratories of hospitals and out-patients centres, to forensic science laboratories and pharmaceutical enterprises.
The admission tests (State Exams) to enter medical programmes are:
- “Medical Biochemistry” (Diploma degree specialist, full-time): Chemistry, Biology, Russian language;
- “Medical Biophysics” (Diploma degree specialist, full-time): Physics, Biology, Russian language;
- “Medical Cybernetics” (Diploma degree specialist, full-time): Mathematics (specialized), Biology, Russian language.