On 13 September, as part of the festive events dedicated to the 100th anniversary of VSU, the opening ceremony of a new museum and exhibition centre was held. The centre comprises the Rector’s Gallery, VSU Art Gallery, VSU History Museum, and VSU Book Museum. The first floor of the university’s main building was transformed in a whole museum street attracting a very wide audience. The aim of the centre is the conservation and popularisation of the university's scientific and cultural heritage.
There is also a new exposition at the Rector’s Gallery – 13 teachers of the Voronezh Arts College presented their pictures to commemorate the anniversary of VSU. The selection process took two month, and most of the pictures are directly associated with the university – they are pictures of VSU teachers and the university’s buildings. In one of the pictures we can see the main building from a bird's eye perspective.
VSU Art Gallery is a newly established institution opened in the beginning of the academic year. Its first exhibition includes dolls and souvenirs from the rector's personal collection, as well as art books from the funds of VSU library.
The Book Museum as usual organised a book festival presenting textbooks and monographs from the rare books fund of the library. These are exactly the books used by first VSU students in 1918–1919. They came from the library of Yuriev University as well as from other book collections in Voronezh such as the library of Mihailovsky military school, Voronezh seminary, and personal book collections of the first VSU teachers. The exhibition also displays modern books provided by the Oxford Russia Fund and miniature editions from the foreign languages section and fiction literature section of the VSU library.
Of great interest are also some new exhibits of the VSU History Museum: the gown of an Honorary Doctor of VSU and Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation for Agriculture Alexey Gordeev, a memorable coin issued in honour of the university's 100th anniversary, a panel with the Russian coat of arms and commemorative coin of the Russian Empire (a gift from VSU alumni), and an exhibition of VSU innovative projects.