Voronezh State University has been included in the International Association of Universities. It was founded in 1950 under the auspices of UNESCO. It is comprised of universities and organisations from 150 countries. Apart from VSU, it has 22 Russian universities among its members.
IAU cooperates with many international, regional, and national educational organisations. The aim of the association is to contribute to the development of principles of freedom, justice, dignity, and solidarity by means of education and science development and to contribute (by means of international cooperation) to the improvement of education as a whole.
Voronezh State University fully meets all of IAU’s requirements for the applicant universities. Among such requirements are licence, number of academic staff, students’ administrative and managerial staff, academic programmes, financing, and library resources.
It should be noted that the membership offers a number of benefits:
- Access to LEADHER programme grants. This programme is aimed at the development of leadership qualities necessary to implement reforms in the system of higher education.
- An opportunity to receive IAU award for research in the area of higher education.
- The right to elect the president of the association and its members.
- An opportunity to get a discount for participation in conferences.
- Free access to reports on IAU events.