In 2018, the year of its centenary anniversary, Voronezh State University did renovations in the conference hall and auditorium where new modern multimedia equipment was installed. It supports the FullHD 1080p video format.
A video wall with 4 screens with the total diagonal of 110 inches was installed in the conference hall. PTZ camera transmits the image of the reporter and the participants on the video wall and the displays in the hall.
The new equipment opens new opportunities:
- Asynchronous output of data – video wall and video displays in the hall can have different images.
- It makes it possible to livestream the events on YouTube.
- It allows video conferencing with up to 150 participants with the help of its own video conference server. You can also use Skype.
- Reporter’s materials can be transmitted from a mobile device to the displays in the hall.
- Broadcasting of combined streams (“picture in picture” effect).
- Events held in the conference hall can be also transmitted to the display in the hall of the ground floor of the main building.
The multimedia equipment can be operated from the operator’s desk and remotely with the help of the operator’s mobile device.
There are two video walls in the auditorium. Above the stage there is an Optoma video projector with a short-focus lens (viewing distance – up to 2.7 cm). Thanks to three PTZ cameras the event can be transmitted to the video walls, the screen in the hall and broadcast on the Internet.