On 28 November, the first season of “MSKL+”, the national student cybersports tournament organised by the Federation of Computer Sports and the Department of Sports of Moscow, was completed. The VSU team was represented by the players of the student cybersports club “VSU Esports”. The team took fourth place out of 134 in the overall competition gaining 295 points in 8 disciplines.
The team took 3rd place in the Valorant discipline where it lost in the semifinals to the winners from ITMO University, and in the match for 3rd place they beat the team from St. Petersburg State University of Telecommunications.
The team included:
- Andrey Lainz Maltsev (Faculty of Physics, 3rd year)
- Nikita Bigby Budtsev (Faculty of Mathematics, 3rd year)
- Vadim Anyway Pulyaev (Faculty of Mathematics, 2nd year)
- Ilya DomiNi Merkulov (Faculty of Applied Mathematics, Informatics, and Mechanics, 2nd year)
- Vsevolod RecSon Grigoriev (Faculty of Physics, 1st year)
Vladislav LordAsmoth Zolotukhin (Faculty of Physics, 3rd year) who played in the Hearthstone discipline won first prize for VSU by beating the representative of the Perm National Research Polytechnic University in the semi-final and the player from National University of Science and Technology “MISIS” with a score of 3:2 in the final.
“I am really satisfied with my results. This is both a personal achievement and the victory for VSU at the national level. I want to thank everyone who watched the live streams and supported me. I’ll try to achieve at least the same results in the next tournament,” said Vladislav Zolotukhin.